I'm looking at honeymoon options and this is our holy-crap-not-sure-we-can-afford-this-but-what-could-possibly-be-more-amazing option. So, we are putting together a sample itinerary.
First off, is it really that much of a game changer/necessary to use a travel agent or African specialist when planning, or can a trip like this be organized on our own with research? I've sent some package options too but I tend to like to personalize...
Should we spend a night in Nairobi after the long flight to recoup before our safari? Would that be easier logistically? What about between the safari and Seychelles?
KENYA: After looking at camps, I have really fallen in love with the idea of Kichwa Tembo or Sasaab. They're both "luxury" and romantic and while KT is more moderately priced, The Safari Collection does offer deals for the time of year we are looking at. They're both beautiful!!! I'm open to other suggestions, too. Does anyone have a strong preference/insight? Someone mentioned Ol Donyo, for example. I don't know a lot about it, yet.
SEYCHELLES: Carana Beach Hotel or Hilton Labriz?
Our current plan is 4 nights in Kenya, 5-7 in Seychelles depending on what day we fly in (since flights are only offered between Nairobi and Mahe four days a week). Sound like a good balance?
Last question: We can do anytime in June. This means we may be too early to see the big migration, but I'm ok with that. It's not about checking certain animals off a list for me... I'd be happy to see anything, as long as there is a fair amount of wildlife. I'm interested a lot in people/culture too. Does going in early June v. late June really make that much of a difference?
Anything else you can think to tell a couple of first timers in Africa?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/epiclear-pro/
- 2 Cradle of Humankind
- 3 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 4 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 5 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 6 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 9 Petra from Israel
- 10 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 11 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 12 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 13 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 14 israel tour
- 15 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 16 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 17 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 18 Luxury train ride
- 19 Safety in Fes
- 20 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania