We are traveling to the Caribbean from mid to end of January 2018.
After a lot of research looking for perfect white sand beaches, thanks to Fodor contributors we have booked our travel to Anguilla for a 6 days ( plus a day on either side for travel makes it 8 days).
We have another 9 days in hand to try a different part of the Caribbean and would appreciate some help choosing.
We accept it is an expensive time of year and there may be Christmas winds. We would like somewhere where we may be able to find shelter away from winds with sandy ocean floors (not too much sea grass or rocks).
This is the last week of our holiday so will splurge on a bit of luxury. We would like a destination where there are things to do as well as being on the beach. We are not water sports enthusiasts or hikers but enjoy day trips to islands or interesting places and experiencing some local culture.
Should we spend the time on St Maartens or go for a different experience in Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, or somewhere else you might recommend?
We know that we will need to connect back to Miami before flying on to another island if we don't stay in St Maartens.
We will choose a hotel once we have chosen our destination. Thank you for helping.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 US : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 NORTON ANTIVIRUS 24*7
- 2 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 3 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 4 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 5 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 6 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 7 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations
- 9 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 10 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 11 Family vacation
- 12 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 13 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 14 PR or USVI
- 15 Havana Hotel
- 16 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 17 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 18 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 19 Cayman Islands Currency
- 20 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 21 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 22 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 23 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 24 Havana
- 25 Using USA credit cards in Cuba