My name is Nick, my girlfriend and I are currently working on planning a trip to Yellowstone (from St. Louis) in August 17'. My thought is to leave very early and drive the majority of the way there the first day, stay overnight, and get to our main destination in the afternoon the following day.
I'm playing with the idea of coming up through the Tetons and staying our first night there, then up through the south entrance of Yellowstone and in to the park. I'm looking for any suggestions that you think could be of benefit to us- i.e Where to stop along the way (attractions and/or lodging), where to stay once we get there (we plan to camp and stay in lodging), also maybe some hikes that you suggest. Really, any information will help us shape the the outline of what we decide to do, so fire away!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 First solo trip, where should I visit?
- 2 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 3 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 4 A problem with booking.com
- 5 Wheeled duffle options
- 6 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 7 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 8 Newbie Using Whats App
- 9 TripIt App?
- 10 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 11 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 12 Money transfer
- 13 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 14 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 15 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 16 Passport signature
- 17 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 18 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 19 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 20 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 21 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 22 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 23 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 24 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 25 Barcelona in 4 nights - tips and recommendations needed