About This Book
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering trusted advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Fodor's Philadelphia highlights the best the City of Brotherly Love has to offer: famous historic sites in Independence National Historical Park, world-class museums along Ben Franklin Parkway, and the ongoing culinary renaissance. Every recommendation has been vetted by a local Fodor’s expert to ensure travelers plan the perfect trip, from the cobblestone streets of Old City to the local cuisine at Reading Terminal Market to Philadelphia’s iconic landmarks like the Rocky Steps, the LOVE Statue, and Boathouse Row in Fairmont Park.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of maps
· An 8-page color insert with a brief introduction and spectacular photos that capture the top experiences and attractions throughout Philadelphia
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· Major sights such as the Independence National Historical Park, Fairmount Park, Reading Terminal Market, Rittenhouse Square, Parkway Museums, Old City, and South Street
· Side trips from Philadelphia including the Brandywine Valley, Valley Forge, and Bucks County
· Coverage of Historic Downtown, Center City, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Fairmount, South Philadelphia, University City and West Philadelphia, Northwestern Philadelphia, Northeastern Philadelphia, and City Line Avenue