Bonaire is widely regarded as one of the best destinations in the Caribbean for shore diving—and with good reason. The dry climate and coral composition of the island mean that there's little soil runoff, allowing near-perfect visibility in the coastal waters. The islanders have exploited this advantage, and you can find local businesses that cater to virtually every diving need.
- The Diving As locals say, you come here to dive, eat, dive, sleep, and dive.
- The Snorkeling You don't have to be a certified diver to appreciate Bonaire's reefs; snorkelers can see much of the beauty just below the surface of the water.
- The Quiet Visitors came to enjoy the tranquillity of the island long before they started exploring diving.
- The Dining Dining options are surprisingly good and varied for such a small island.
- The Smiles Bonaireans are genuinely friendly, offering salutations to friends and strangers alike.